Palmistry is among the most widely practised methods of divination. Palm readers determine the personality and traits of a person through reading of the shape, size and lines of their hands and fingers.
History Of Palmistry
Palmistry is an ancient practise, thought to have its roots in the culture of Roma Gypsy fortune-tellers in India. From there, the practise spread to China, Babylonia, Greece and other countries around Europe, and the basic framework for Classical Palmistry was set. Modern palmistry consists of reading the character and destiny of a person from their hands. This method of divination is quite easy to learn, and the basics can be picked up by anyone; however you should consult an experienced palmist should you want a more in depth reading.
Left or Right?
There is some dispute over which hand should be read; however both are equally as significant. Different readers apply different methods, however generally speaking:
- Your right hand will indicate the direction your life has taken, and any future events that are yet to happen. It is also thought to represent the feminine side.
- Your left hand reveals potential, inherited traits and personality. The left hand is associated with our masculine side.
The four major hand shapes relate to the four natural elements – earth, air, fire and water.
- Earth hands – are wide, with square palms, short fingers and strong or thick skin. Their lines will be deep and clear. People with Earth hands are usually very practical and level headed.
- Air hands – have rectangular palms with long fingers with clear thin lines. Air hand types are intellectual, social people who are full of ideas.
- Fire hands – are characterised by long, rectangular palms, short fingers, prominent lines and warm skin. Those with fire hands are energetic, confident and individual.
- Water hands – feature an oval shaped palm, long fingers and fine lines. People with water hands are emotional, artistic, and sensitive.
There are three prominent lines in a palm reading. They are:
- The heart line – Found at the top of the palm, under the fingers. This will be of particular interest if you are looking for a love reading as it can indicate emotional stability, passion and romantic perspectives.
- The head line – Starts under the index finger to the outside edge of the palm. This line represents creativity, intelligence and thirst for knowledge.
- The life line – Swoops from the base of the palm to between the thumb and index finger. Contrary to popular belief it does not indicate how long a person will live, but your energy levels, inner vitality and major life changes.
Palmistry At Psychic Light
A specialist reader may also obtain information from a number of different things such as your finger shape, fingernails, mounts, and other minor lines on your hands. Many people turn to a palm reading because they want to get to know themselves on a deeper level or discover which direction their life is going in. Psychic Light reader Hope is skilled in palmistry however you can contact any of our readers to discover what the future holds for you.
Learn more about the different methods of divination: